Today I'm sharing a beauty product with you that's not purely nail-related. I've been using this product for several months now (though not religiously or exclusively), and I am absolutely loving it. It's a moisturizing body cream from Sibu Beauty, made from a magical little berry called sea buckthorn.
I've absolutely never heard of sea buckthorn, so I was curious about its properties. According to Sibu Beauty, sea buckthorn offers a wide variety of benefits for beauty, including:
- Over 190 bioactive compounds that restore, revitalize, and protect youthful beauty
- Nourishment for skin, hair, and nails with powerful antioxidants and essential fatty acids, including the rare Omega 7 – a key building block to healthy skin, hair, and nails
- Aids in digestion
- May help you maintain a healthier weight
- Sustained energy levels
- Improved cellular health
- Cardiovascular support
- Healthy inflammation response
- Joint support
- Moisturizing dry and damaged skin
- Improved immune health
- Decrease in wrinkles and fine lines
- Addressing exzema and rosacea symptoms
Sibu Beauty has harnessed its powers for consumers, and offers a wide variety of products - from liquid supplements to serums to scrubs. As this is a nail blog, I wanted to try a product that would visibly support my nails, so I'm reviewing the moisturizing body cream.
The cream smells amazing! It's slightly citrus, with heavy nutty undertones. It not only smells like a spa product, but feels as luxurious. I was pretty surprised. You only need a small amount to rub into your hands too.
The body cream I'm reviewing comes in a 6 fl. oz. tube, and is formulated for all skin types. It retails on the Sibu site for $14.95. As with their other products, the body cream is free of parabens and sulfates, among other unhealthy ingredients, and it's also cruelty-free and vegan.
Sibu Beauty as a company also focuses on care and stewardship of the environment and its people:
- The premium sea buckthorn berries are harvested and processed the same day, so the nutritive integrity of each precious berry is maintained.
- The berries are processed in the local villages at our state-of-the-art processing facilities.
- Products are made of easily recycled plastic.
- Sibu has a partnership with the Forest Stewardship Council.
- Sibu also employs fair trade harvesting practices in Tibet - fair wages, safe working conditions, and environmentally safe processing practices.
- Philanthropic outreach is also a business practice.
The products in this post were sent for review purposes. The reviews are based entirely on my experience with the products and were in no way influenced by anyone.